THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME. If all goes to plan, in just FIVE DAYS, I will be in the studio officially recording my first album as a solo artist. I’m singing and practicing every day as my anticipation continues to build and I wonder what the professional Nashville recording process will be like. So much of it will be brand new to me.

My father-in-law, Pete Fisher, has long worked in the music industry, fostering many positive relationships along the way. Ever since my Kickstarter campaign finished last summer, I knew I needed to find the right producer to help make my artistic vision a reality. After talking to a couple different people, Pete introduced me to a wonderful human named Ben Fowler and things began to fall into place. It’s a strange time for so many people and Covid has taken a serious toll on the music industry. Although there were periods over the last year when it was a struggle not to feel anxious about the timing of things, it seems to me that the right people and possibilities have all converged in a surprising series of beautifully-timed events.

Although we may not make the final song selections until the day of the recording, I am so proud of the original material we are choosing from. My roots in Irish and Celtic music are found in modal melodies, the inspiration of nature, and interwoven fiddle tunes. A thread of dark southern sounds surface in other lyrics that speak of fire and moonlit nights. I am so ready to share the anthem of defiance I needed long ago, the closure I found in the pain of my childhood, and the songs that describe my experience of love. It was ultimately love’s invitation that moved me forward, through risk and vulnerability, into freedom and strength. I hope each of these songs move you too, inspiring you to your own strength, freedom and love.

In a very short order, Ben Fowler has taken the helm with a positive and steady hand. He has spent significant time hearing out my rambling imagination, and getting inside my head so that he can help bring my music to the world in it’s most authentic and ambitious form. September 9th, we are booked to work all day at one of Nashville’s top studios with an incredible team of musicians. We hope to record the foundational tracks of at least nine songs – we’ll see how many we can crank out! After that marathon day, Ben and I plan to cut my vocals and any further instrumentation at his home studio over the following weeks. I suspect it will go by in a flash and I will have to make the conscious effort to stay present in order to soak up the best parts of the journey.

To my Kickstarter Backers, THANK YOU for being the ones who have made this particular chapter possible. I know it’s been a while since you signed up and I’m hoping you’re still as excited as you were last summer. I don’t think I’ve ever been so full of excitement. There will be much more to do soon, but this is the step that must come first. I’m gonna give it all I’ve got and share what I can along the way!

I’ll post another update here after the big day, September 9th. In the meantime, find me on Facebook and Instagram to see smaller peeks behind the curtain: @JessicaWillisFisher

With love,

Jessica  x

9.4.2020.

15 Comments

• Clare Lacey says:

Hi Jessica,
    Wonderful news. You sound so excited as are we, your Kickstarter followers.

Enjoy every step of the way in creating and seeing your vision and dream come to fruition.

Clare Lacey #510
    Ballarat
    Victoria
    Australia

• JoAnne DesLauriers says:

Jessica,

Nothing can block the excitement we all feel for this project! The delays have only made us want to hear this project and revel in all the joys of the journey with you. You will be in our hearts on Tuesday…. but we’ll be the ones dancing and smiling with glee… for you!! It’s Time!! ❤️☺️☺️

• Julie Detjen says:

Jess…yes, we are all still excited for you! I am so happy that this long-awaited time has come for you! Enjoy every moment and we will be ready for the results of your labors! Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend before the real work begins! And…tell MrB that his captures of you via his lens are spot on! Great work.

• Debbie DeBacco Weddle says:

My prayer for you….May God give you strength, hope, and perseverance as you navigate this next week of recording your album! Through your faith and suffering, you WILL gain endurance which WILL continue to build character which WILL bring hope. And hope is never disappointing!
    Blessings to you and your family. xoxoxoxox

• Elaine says:

This is such wonderful news. God has truly blessed you with loving people around you. I look forward to the finished product. Blessings!

• Jean Knight says:

Jessica,
    I am so honored to be part of your Kickstarter Backers group. It’s so very easy to champion a Champion. Take a deep breath, remember to enjoy the journey, now go climb the mountain and roar. We will be waiting on the other side ready to celebrate. 🎶🎉🎶❤

• Elizabeth Garrick says:

Dear Jess,
    In life things we don’t understand at the time enlighten us through emotional growth to allow God’s plan, our intended path. A journey not possible without the strive.

You are an amazing young lady with assured potential to rise to any challenge. Bless you in all your endeavors.

Elizabeth Garrick

P.S. your kickstarters will stay with you to see you rise!

• Candace Bell says:

Yay Jess! Please feel our hugs and support in these next days. Perfection isn’t the goal, meaningful music shall be the trophy. We’re here however long it takes and can’t thank you enough for taking the time for updates and letting us have a seat on the Jess train. All aboard – we’re headed down the “tracks” – we adore you,

Mike, Candace and Whitney Bell
    Chattanooga, TN

• Linda Coman says:

Best of Luck and many beautiful blessing for your career. You are a very talented young lady who has earned your time alone in the spot light.God Bless .

• Lynne Galuppo says:

Hi Jess, So good to hear from you! Can’t wait to hear your new album. I know it will be great so when it is done just let us know how to get it. Keep us posted on your adventure.

• Liz S says:

Cannot wait for the end result. The in-between, hard as heck work to bring it to fruition is obviously you, your songwriting and the musicians you’ve surrounded yourself with that understand your vision and goals. For all you’ve been through and the amazing, inspirational strength you’ve shared with the people that know you, love you and the total strangers that believe in you … well we’re here and we’re excited and waiting for this chapter in your life … to come to life!

• Lara Randall says:

To the beautiful & talented Jessica Fisher, go and soak it up, enjoy every minute of this next chapter of your amazing new life. It will most likely go by like the blink of an eye. It will feel like a moment in time when you look back years from now. You are bold, you are beautiful, you are brave, you are gifted and so amazingly talented that nothing is going to stop you now. We are behind you every step of the way watching you let this amazingly creative gift you have come to life. I can’t wait to watch behind the scenes as you create that new album. I know it is going to be amazing. Hopefully your gonna put some of it on your youtube channel so we can watch it over and over. It will be a great thing for us as well as for you so you can to back and watch it later and be able to say this is when your amazing new solo career started. You deserve this. Also pat that amazing hubby of yours on the back for another amazing photo of you. Mr. bootstraps you really do have a way with the 📷. You guys are unstoppable!
    Sending much love and virtual hugs from Georgia.
    Lara Randal

• Scott Hilligus says:

Let us know when we can pre-order. Can’t wait.

• Laura Black says:

I am so excited for you!!! You never know how sharing your journey may help others through a similar journey of healing and hope. Sending prayers and Texas-sized hugs for you this week! Be present in each part of the process. I cannot wait to hear the finished product. 🙂